Monday 18 June 2012

Favourite Drugstore Mascara's

There are some great, affordable products on the highstreet and one of my favourite things to pick up when in  Boots or Superdrug, is a mascara as I am always looking to create that perfect lash.

I have some firm favourites that I have tried, tested and love, so I thought I would share those with you!


First up is two from Maybelline. I actually really like a lot more of the Maybelline mascara's, in particular, The Falsies Black Drama, but these are the two I am using at the moment. I always seem to have atleast one of their mascara's in my 'currently using' handful. The two I have here are The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof and The Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes. 


 The wands are fairly similar, with both having a curve, but Cat Eyes in noticeably thinner than the Waterproof. I love these both for different reason. The Waterproof is my go to long wearing mascara, as it doesn't smudge or rub off under neath my eyes leaving the panda look. 





Cat eyes I like to use for my bottom lashes. With the brush being so thin, it is the perfect size and shape for the bottom of the eyes and makes applying the mascara super easy.

These mascara's are around £7.99, so are affordable and really really worth the money.




Next up is the Bourjois Volumizer. This mascara uses the two step system, with the first step lengthening and the second concentrating on volume.
I love this mascara for everyday, it makes my lashes full and long, but natural, without them looking clumpy.

Lastly is another of my favourite day to day mascara's, its the Revlon Grow Lucious Mascara. This one has the biggest brush of the lot and claims to help your lashes grow. I am a bit skeptical of this, but in all fairness, I switch my mascara up so much that I have not given it a fair chance or used it solidly to see results. That said, I love how it makes my lashes look, full, volumious and a lovely length. 







Like I said, I do like to switch up my mascara and try out different wands and brands, but these four have stayed in my firm favourites!
 Do you have any favourite highstreet mascara brands?


1 comment:

  1. I really tried loving the Revlon Grow Luscious but just couldn't. It seems like it smudges every time I wear it and i just can't stand it!
    My favourite drugstore mascaras would have to be Maybelline One by One and Covergirl Lashblast. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...