Monday 25 June 2012

Review: Revlon Lip Butters

I have been meaning to try out Revlon Lip Butter's for ages now, but it's been one of those things that I kept forgetting to pick up and then gets put to the bottom of my list of 'to-buy's'. I was on Buyapowa recently, and saw an amazing deal they were having for three of the Lip Butter's for £9.50. I thought this was an absolute steal as they normally retail for £7.99 each, so getting three for under a tenner was a great deal and plus, they were all colours that I had wanted to try out.

The colours I got are Strawberry Shortcake, Lollipop and Sweet Tart, which are all variations of pink. 

Strawberry Shortcake//Lollipop//Sweet Tart


I had heard these were a lot like the L'oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks which I lovee and have been wearing a lot recently and I actually picked up a couple more the other day (post to follow). When comparing the two, I would say that they are in fact very similar, but the Lip Butter's are slightly creamier whereas the Caresse Lipsticks are more glossy feeling.

Strawberry Shortcake
Lollipop
Sweet Tart
The Lip Butters are lovely and glossy, and are almost a three in one of lip balm, lipstick and lipgloss together when on the lips. The colours are gorgeously pigmented, but can definitely be sheered out to add just a wash of colour if you wanted. They are very wearable, and could be dressed up or down.

Strawberry Shortcake//Lollipop//Sweet Tart


I love all three of the colours I got and will definitely be looking out for some other colours in the range. I think the coral toned one would be right up my street!

Sweet Tart

Have you tried the Lip Butters? What did you think? Let me know if you would be interested in seeing a more in depth comparison of the Lip Butters and Caresse Lipsticks :)
x

13 comments:

  1. I am still dying to try these! :) Sweet Tart looks really nice on you.

    Becky :)

    http://beckyleight.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are definitely worth it! Thankyou :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I've been thinking about trying these and that's a bargain price! Is it still on offer? Think I will go and have a neb, they look gorgeous!

    Becky x
    beckysboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They arn't, the co buy finished a few days ago, but they are on 3 for 2 offer at Boots! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are my favourite lip products. My favourite is tutti frutti, but I think I may have to purchase sweet tart and lollipop now too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try tutti frutti! It is definitely the next one i'll be picking up :) xx

      Delete
  6. I really want to try these, sweet tart looks gorge on you! xox

    My Style Blog : The Style Khaleesi

    Personal Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hun, thanks for commenting on my blog.

    I love this post. I've been dying to try these for a while and just never seem to pick one up when I'm shopping lol. This is a great review and has inspired me to finally go and get one. The one I want is called 'Peach Parfait' (I think??) but I'll probably get a few. Great blog btw what camera do you use?

    xoxo

    Lauren

    www.bfalonabudget.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter - @BudgetBeautyLK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same lol! I use a Canon 600d or T3i depending on where you live :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. you are soo pretty! i love your eyesss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Just checked out your blog and following :) xx

      Delete
  9. I love the relvon lip butters<3 Strawberry Shortcake is my favourite :)
    You look gorgeous btw! I'm following x
    MissJammyxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...